Sunday, January 29, 2012

ING Miami Marathon

Update: Want to see photos from the race? Go to www.marathonfoto.com and enter the last name "Vannier" or "McClintock" the event is the ING Miami Marathon. Dave said he took some photos on his IPod too, so when I get those I will post them as well!

One down, 11 to go! Dave and Andrew completed the ING Miami Marathon this morning! They arrived in Miami last night, went to the expo and picked up their packets and admired the view of the ocean from their 36th floor hotel room. :)
The race started at 6:15am this morning. I signed up earlier in the week to receive text alerts, so I set my phone to vibrate last night so I wouldn't be woken up from the first message. But I didn't get any messages at all! Dave hadn't set up any other tracking for me to follow, but luckily Andrew had his results posted to his facebook page. I knew Dave would be running pretty close to Andrew's times, so at least I had some idea how Dave would be doing.
Dave ended up finishing about 20 minutes after Andrew. Dave said the course was great and the fans were awesome in a few of the locations. Having people cheering you on while you are running is a huge boost for those guys, even if they don't know who is cheering for them. That is one thing Dave really likes about the Rock and Roll Marathons, all the bands set up playing music, it gives him something else to think about and see other than just running with no entertainment.
Dave said he felt good after the race too. I think he was a little worried before the race as to how he would do. He had a "long" week at the PGA show, so he didn't get any training in. We were in Iowa the week before and Dave did get a few runs in, one when it was about 10 degrees outside!

Here are the details from the ING Miami Marathon. There were 3943 finishers (2580 male/1363 female) according to active.com.

Here are Dave's stats: 
Chip time 4:27:02
Overall 1811
SexPl 1332
DivPl 214

Here are Andrew's stats:
Chip time: 4:07:32
Overall 1177
SexPl 909
Div Pl 160

Way to go guys!!

The next race is Myrtle Beach on February 18th. Stay tuned for updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment